The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does the JDM Fmic bolt on without cutting?

GeorgeBillings

I did quick search and came up with nothing. I know they really don't have the bumper support but I don't want to hack anything on my car.

So my question is..does it require you to hack the bumper support to install it?

TRBODSM

The stock bumper support is not used. You would just have to drill two holes to mount the brackets for the bumper. Two bolts screw on to the bumper on each side and they you have the 10mm's that go to the fenders.

Diego

Not to thread jack, but would you be able to retain the stock IC hoses for the JDM IC?

steve

Quoting TRBODSM:
The stock bumper support is not used.

You need the stock bumper support, but as GW said it needs cut.

I believe you can cobble it together with the stock IC hoses by cutting and flipping them around.

turbowop

Quoting TRBODSM:
The stock bumper support is not used. You would just have to drill two holes to mount the brackets for the bumper. Two bolts screw on to the bumper on each side and they you have the 10mm's that go to the fenders.

You're somehow confusing the original poster's question with how a JDM bumper is fitted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif He's asking if the USDM bumper needs to be cut to fit the JDM intercooler.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned