The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM bumper install question

jnava

Staff member
As some of you know, I have a jdm bumper and fogs being shipped my way. I know I needed Curtis's brackets which I purchased as well. Anything else that I might need to complete the install? I looked in the how to's and found nothing that really helped other than broken links and the search button came out negative on good leads. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Hittman

Just make sure you have Curt's brackets installed the correct way. I flipped mine. So it took me a bit longer for the install.

Also, quick tip. When securing the bumper to the front (via the bolts on each side, that you may have to buy because no bumper comes with them) keep the fogs off so you can use the fog hole as an access point for this.

Last edited:

turbowop

You only need the Curtis brackets if the bumper doesn't come with the OE ones. Both of my bumpers came with them. Do they not include them anymore?

citymunky

OEM brackets can be found on eBay for petty cheap.

jnava

Staff member
If my main concern should be the brackets , I already have them from Curtis. I just didn't want to miss something that would delay it.
Thanks guys for the input.

GSX_TC

Buy a heat gun if you haven't already some so because they send the bumpers over with the edges all folded up, unless you paid them extra to ship it normally like I did with my rear bumper.

curtis

Just sent your tracking number to you so you have a PM, they went out this morning..... Just spray down the factory hardware with PB blaster or something....Remove the US bumper cover and the factory brackets. If the studs stay without breaking off someone else may want them, Hertz ended up with mine. The brackets have an angle that fits to the JDM internal stuff the holes on the side of the frame rail get the bolts put in lined up with the holes in the bracket. Only thing left are some 6mm bolts on the sides next to the wheels.

There use to be a picture of the mounts and bolt sizes some where on here. I'll do a search and be back in a few minutes.

curtis

Hi me again. Oh my God Jon posted this almost a decade ago. No wonder I couldn't remember. click me

jnava

Staff member
what the bolt size and thread count on the two bolt holes on Curtis's bracket to Jdm bracket.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts