The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Different between E33 & E39 ?

Ethan

Hello,

Could someone share me knowledge about different between E33 & E39 ?

Cos, I am trying to order some suspension parts from Thailand, where E33 parts are available. And, my car is E39A JDM.
Someone from Thailand told me that, front shocks are same, but rear's are different.

I afraid of ordering wrong parts, since there is difficulties for returning those parts.

And, I also would like to know that, is there any other differences? Because, in my situation, ordering from Thailand is the most convenience way.

Please help me, if u could.

Thanks.

fuel

E33A = FWD 2.0L Galant. Some front suspension components will be the same including control arms, bushings and ball joints but the front struts/shocks are different and the whole rear suspension is different.

misterfixit

For a RHD the only things common are the front control arms, knuckles, front strut assemblies, front/rear brake disks, front calipers, dash, centre console (not the side panels), kick panels outer interior trim, seat belts, column (manual for manual), pedal box (manual for manual). front seats, rear seat back only, parcel shelf, trunk slam panel cover. Outer body panels (Rear bumper is different). Doors will fit (but they have to be off a 4door galant, eterna/eterna sava doors are like 1" shorter on the glass). Mirrors per the doors (galant only). Glass all fits (has to be from a galant 4 door).

Stuff that is NOT the same.
All subframes, rear end, trailing arms, lower engine mount brackets, trans, gas tank, fuel pump bracket, rear seat cushion, carpet, left side lower centre console panel, trunk interior trim. All floorpan stuff inside the inner sill and the lower firewall is different. Exhaust system &mounting points. Rear inner arches, rear inner panels, rear cross member and trunk slam panel.

Stuff that you can make fit:
Core support (front cross member mounts/tie downs are different) Outer and inner sill panels. rear side sill extension gusset panel, Front inner arches and chassis rails. Rear bumper skin can be converted (need to add a bracket extension).

Hope this helps.

Rich

fuel

The only VR-4 to have the same front brakes as the FWD E33A is the pre-facelift JDM VR-4, all other models went to twin pot with larger rotors.

misterfixit

for Jdm the aero kitted 2wds had the same brakes as the vr-4

The small bumper models had the single piston calipers.

Rich.

fuel

are you meaning the Super Viento and VX-S etc? if that's the case then they certainly don't have the same brakes as the VR-4. Prefacelift has the 265mm rotors and DB319 pads while the facelift has the 256mm rotors and DB1249 pads, still single piston calipers. Only the AMG got the twin pots along with the VR-4.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned