The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Parts from Thailand (JDM) - Anybody familiar with differences in JDM models?

Number996

Hey All!

So, I was able to get into contact with someone in Bangkok, Thailand to get my parts to my father (who works there). If anybody is interested please PM me. But NOTE - whether or not the parts will be shipped ($$$) or transported via checked baggage by my dad is STILL undetermined; THIS IS NOT AN IMMEDIATE 'THING'

And, i was informed by the contact in Bangkok that there are multiple shapes of JDM bumpers, stretching from the GLSi, GTi, or VR-4 AMG.

Does anybody have a source that pictures and compares the different body models?

Thanks Guys

Number996

Specifically: I know the GLSi front bumper has no fog lights, the GTi has foglights, but i can't find a difference between the GTi and AMG.

Thanks Guys

Number996

Okay here we go, hope this helps somebody (and correct me if this is wrong):

JDM GLSi
img.php

JDM GTi (also what i have seen and heard referenced as the RS bumper?)

JDM AMG
img.php

Last edited:

kama1

Here,this might help you out.
Oh and keep in mind that 2wd and 4wd have different rear bumper brackets or mounts.
click

Number996

Yea... Just found that out.

But my asia contact, in his last response, said I had to distinguish between the different models before he could get me (and anyone interested) a price to wire the money for my dad to go pick it up. and of those three models listed above, none were labeled the RS...

I bring this up because hondasi88 was over here at my house the other night and said his JDM front bumper was from an RS galant. And he isn't the first to tell me that I am looking for an "RS" bumper slash 'hey I got this JDM RS front bumper for sale if you want it'.

does anybody know the actual and all JDM base model names for the galant? and their coinciding bumper shapes?

WHY CANT I JUST TELEPORT TO JAPAN!!!!!!!!!

Number996

okay so...

The brochure (labeled JDM in the title) from 1990 indicates the following galant floor models:

- MX
- MS
- MF
- MF Turbo
- ME
- GF
- GF Extra
- VZ-S
- VX-S
- MU EXTRA
- VR4
- VIENTO
- AMG
- (I dont think they made enough models)

And none of these (except the VR4) are the GLSi, GTi, or RS!!!! Somebody here knows exactly what is going on here... but it's not me

kama1

its because japan doesnt have the gti and glsi.(but im sure they have their corresponding equivalents in japan,not sure which ones)
the gti also came out down here.(same as the jdm vz-s)
the rs is a sub variant of the vr4.
example,vr4-rs or vr4-monte carlo

JDM model names for the galant and their coinciding bumper shapes are in the link above
a lot more info here
JDM Galant VR-4 and Eterna ZR-4 Model Information click
Misterfixit's information archive and scans index click

on a side note,when buying parts overseas always ask for atleast a reference pic so you know what your getting.
give them your model code(e39a) just to be sure.

Last edited:

Number996

will post prices on here when i get them.

update: my facebook connection to VR-4 Thailand is taking his sweet time. my dad had to wait for the Thai new year to end (they party over there apparently) before he could get into contact with his car guy to get down to Bang Na, so i should be hearing from them shortly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned