The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dieseling

manitousxti

engine stays running for a few after key is turned off(diesals)? what should i look for. just replaced the fuel filter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

SmoothCustomer

That's surprising...That means your compression is really high.

Edit: Did you just rebuild the engine and not use the proper pistons or not gap the rings properly or something?

Last edited:

JNR

A lot of miles? May have a lot of carbon build up in the combustion chambers, which remain hot enough to keep 'ignition' going by itself, after shutting off the key.

In the carb'd motors, I used to squirt water in (while it's running and revved up!) and it would help to remove...I'd say use some seafoam a few times, to be on the safe side.

donniekak

This is pretty much impossible with a fuel injected car. Once the key is off, no more fuel. Unless you have a turbo timer, or a ecu/ignition problem.

464/2K

JNR is correct. Try to decarb.

manitousxti

no turbo timer. I just pulled the spark plugs and shinned a light in on the pistons and they is alot of carbon...I will seafoam sunday...I'm just worried about my new e316g?

maybe someone did a hack job on the wiring and your not killing power to everything. it diesels because you are only killing the fuel pump and it dies after it looses pressure.just something to look into.

Olson

Quoting JNR:
A lot of miles? May have a lot of carbon build up in the combustion chambers, which remain hot enough to keep 'ignition' going by itself, after shutting off the key.

In the carb'd motors, I used to squirt water in (while it's running and revved up!) and it would help to remove...I'd say use some seafoam a few times, to be on the safe side.

My car does this and its a fresh rebuild... what do u think the problem there is?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned