The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Diaqueen part number change?

eviLntt

I figured this have might been answered already, but it has been a while since I have been posting here. I got some transmission fluid for the rebuilt trans in the Galant, and it doesn't look like the last container. Has there been a part number change? I don't have access to the Mitsu catalog anymore, can anyone help me out?

G

Staff member
Don't see it here : click

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well if it helps any, the Japanese on the top container says "Super multi gear". The numbers I think you can read. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tektic

All the Australia Guys use

On stock-ish setup:
Gearbox - CASTROL VMX-M 75W/85 (SAE 75W/85, API GL4)
Transfer Case - CASTROL LSX 90 (SAE 90, API GL5)
Rear Diff - CASTROL SAF-XA (SAE 75W/140, API GL6)

If running higher power levels:
Gearbox - Castrol syntrans
Transfer - Redline heavy shockproof
Rear Diff - Redline heavy shockproof

That vmx-m is made for Mitsubishi transmissions. Both mention vr4 in the spec sheets.
VMX-M Spec Sheet
Syntrans Spec Sheet

Doesn't seem to popular in the states though.

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

a semi relivant statement/question of sorts, but i get Kia brand 75-85 manual trans fluid from work all the time, being that Kia/Hyundai/Mitsubishi are so close, i wonder if it's the same stuff as Diaqueen but in a different package...

eviLntt

For anyone keeping score, they are the same fluid. Two seprate sources confirmed that is diaqueen manual transmission fluid in the new container.

tektic

The part number is MZ320340. This it for manual 6 speed evo. Is that what I'm looking for?

And what about free and rear MZ320345?

I can't get shockproof locally so I figured I'd just order all from my dealer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned