The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Diagnose ecu no start?

tektic

I am lost. My ecu seems dead now, or I've completely forgotten how to use a ostrich. My check engine light stays on with my eprom ecu. It goes off then comes back on with an nt ecu when leaving the key in the on position. I'm not getting the on and off clicking from the mpi relay usually associated with a bad eprom burn. It also seems as though the fuel pump was not on. I have not been able to connect to the data port with tuner pro although TP said it connected when the nt ecu was in place although I did not get any readings. I may also be having issues with the comport on the laptop.

The software on the ostrich should be fine as Kaxlon checked it with his emulator. signs point to bad ecu do to improper wiring.

Where do I start? I'm pulling my hair out over here. I don't want to try another ecu as it seems that the car damaged this one.

Last edited:

tektic

Had a bad file on the ostrich. still not starting but the ecu is ok. I need to charge my car battery and try again tomorrow.

ade

It turned out to be a software related issue, he figured it out. car runs and is almost driving.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned