The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

D-day. Getting my car dyno tuned tomorrow... Update: Results are in!

JamesFoster

Quoting thecman02:
That is definitely awesome. I had a question though, don't you get bad wind noise with your roof rack? I only went about a day before I just had to put a fairing on mine.

Surprisingly I don't get any wind noise. Must be the shape of the bike racks I have up top.

And thanks for the kind words guys. Needless to say I'm stoked and it feels so good to finally be able to drive this car to its full potential.

EMX5636

Contrats James! Finally getting some numbers out of that thing. Any trips to the track planned? As far as wind noise, I had a whistle too until I put on the fairing.

Street Surgeon

Video says you're on a 68HTA... Impressive for that turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

550 FTW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

steve

ffs

Jesus_Negros

Ah-mazing

Gizmovr4

very nice !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

unistylef

Awesome car! Unfortunately, I was unable to properly view the youtube video of the dyno... maybe reupload?

4thStroke

I'd love to see what this does on pump gas for the sake of comparison. I've been very curious what the FP 35R bolt on turbos make for power, you are the only one I know of who has one. That turbo should be good for 40psi, you should easily make over 600awhp on that.

I'm battling blowout issues right now, it is intermittent and did get better when I replaced the plugs and gapped them way down 15 thousandths range, but I am on a completely stock ignition that once held up to 34psi, so I have some issues to work out.

Good work and keep us posted!

prove_it

Beautiful car, don't break it now. lol

Good example of a well built and thought out project. Good job. I'm with Wop, lets see the link log. ...

JamesFoster

Quoting unistylef:
Awesome car! Unfortunately, I was unable to properly view the youtube video of the dyno... maybe reupload?

I checked it out, seems to work on all my computers and devices... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quoting Street Surgeon:
Video says you're on a 68HTA... Impressive for that turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Whoops, I'm a little dyslexic. I used to have a 68HTA, cut me some slack. 68.. 86... whats the difference? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting 4thStroke:
I'd love to see what this does on pump gas for the sake of comparison. I've been very curious what the FP 35R bolt on turbos make for power, you are the only one I know of who has one. That turbo should be good for 40psi, you should easily make over 600awhp on that.

I'm battling blowout issues right now, it is intermittent and did get better when I replaced the plugs and gapped them way down 15 thousandths range, but I am on a completely stock ignition that once held up to 34psi, so I have some issues to work out.

Good work and keep us posted!

Well the car made right about 500 at 21psi, then 550 at 26, so I think 30-33psi should make 600. Also, I'm changing the intake manifold so I'm sure that will help too.

I was curious about the turbo too. I really like it so far. It's amazing on the street, I have an evo3 taller 5th, and if I'm cruising at 60-65 I can just accelerate out of it, easy. No need to downshift.

Quoting prove_it:
Beautiful car, don't break it now. lol

Good example of a well built and thought out project. Good job. I'm with Wop, lets see the link log. ...

That's the plan, lol.

Link log coming soon... been a busy week...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned