The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

D-day. Getting my car dyno tuned tomorrow... Update: Results are in!

JamesFoster

Pretty excited to get 674 dyno tuned tomorrow. After doing some research, I've decided I'm having Beau Brown do it. From what I can tell he seems to be the most proficient at tuning ECMlink cars in Southern California.

Any tips? Apart from the obvious, bring tools and extra spark plugs, etc...

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Definitely take a dyno video would be nice to see how it does.

Nate

Make SURE you've fixed ALL of your boost leaks and fluid leaks before even thinking of strapping the car down. Also, know when to stop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KiNgMaRtY

Beau is an awesome tuner. He street tuned two of my prior dsms. Very knowledgeable. I was unaware he was able to now dyno tune. Make sure to post up the results ASAP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JamesFoster

Results are in. 550awhp/440awtq at 26 psi on e85. Why only 26 psi you ask? We were having ignition issues, due to the Dynatek arc-2 not working and subsequently causing spark blowout when we tried to turn the boost up any higher. Once I get the ignition issue sorted out, the car should easily make 600+hp, which is the ultimate numbers goal, although I'll probably keep the boost at 21-26psi most of the time.
Realistically I'm very happy with the results, and I don't want to push the car too hard because I don't want to break anything. I think 550awhp is pretty awesome considering it was relatively "low boost" and we were fighting spark blowout. I had to gap the plugs down to .017 for now!
Dyno Video (this is actually a dyno pull where the car made 510whp I think, I didn't get the 550 pull on video.):
YouTube video of dyno run (High quality)

Numbers:

I had to add another spring to the wastegate the day before. Was at .7 bar (10psi) now at 1.3 bar (17.5psi)

New gauge panel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

I bet you were loving the drive home in that! Would you mind posting up a log of one of the good pulls? I'd like to see what it all looks like...

JamesFoster

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Beau is an awesome tuner. He street tuned two of my prior dsms. Very knowledgeable. I was unaware he was able to now dyno tune. Make sure to post up the results ASAP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree. I forgot to say this in the post above, but I'm extremely impressed with Beau and would highly recommend him. He's very smart and really knows his stuff. I'm sure the fact that he works at AEM helps quite a bit. Also, we rented a dyno for him to tune the car on, but they gave us a great deal, he knows them pretty well I think. FSR motorsports in Montclair.

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Quoting turbowop:
I bet you were loving the drive home in that! Would you mind posting up a log of one of the good pulls? I'd like to see what it all looks like...

I definitely will. I'll have to do a pull and log it with my computer because he used his computer to tune it and for those pulls.

ade

very nice!

MellowVR4

NICE numbers dude.

JCorbo25

Great numbers! I bet it feels really good to finally rip into it.

thecman02

That is definitely awesome. I had a question though, don't you get bad wind noise with your roof rack? I only went about a day before I just had to put a fairing on mine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned