The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cyclone Manifold Gasket Questions + pic request

GVR4_1057

Right on! I will do that tomorrow. I will photograph with a sale in the pic and I will dimension some distances so it can be scaled.

belize1334

Remember that there are two gaskets of interest which are unique to the cyclone manifold. Hopefully you have both?

GVR4_1057

Yeah, I very carefully removed them and they are very intact.

Dialcaliper

Rubber and paper/coated gaskets seal better than copper or metal/composite gaskets - the only reason to use the latter two is for high temperatures where the first two would degrade. A paper gasket with high tack spray will work for most things.

Quoting JNR:
Good ideas...

Curious if thin copper would be a better choice?

As for tracing the outline, I'll probably measure it all out for the holes using my trusty venier calipers and not too worried about the perimeter, except that it goes beyond and looks halfway decent. I was going to suggest you can take a thin piece of gasket material (for instance), hold it down steady, and press around the larger holes and/or use the old pencil and tracing paper technique, with 'sketching' on an angle so the holes will come thru. You know, like they do on forensics to see the nasty note you left before.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned