The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Converting to auto - advice (AMG)

bazeng

Hi All,

I'm looking at converting the AMG to auto. It is my daily and I'm a bit over the twin plate/ VR4 RS gearbox etc.
Any advice on completing the conversion?

I plan on getting all the shifter bits from either an n/a fwd Galant or if possible, Vr4 Auto stuff (hard to find)
It is fwd so i will have to lock the centre diff.

Our would it be ok to use a fwd box? Are they as strong?

Any tips?
Any aftermarket bits recommended?

curtis

this might help

click me

From our local board

guy is playing like he's fat ....Its not fat but grown ass man muscle. We'll see how it rolls next summer because he's over in Asscrackistan right now. Car has been 6.76 at 108 on more or less a junkyard transmission
click me

The car is right at 2950lbs without me in it so it is pretty heavy for a 4cyl.I am not saying what i weigh, but it is not helping the cause either. The tranny is a basic auto clutch kit rebuild with a valve body upgrade(shift kit) and the blue wire mod.Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Boost4U

You need the rear and trans auto motor mounts. Then you need to decide if you want a tcu to shift it for you or if you want to manually shift it(cheapest and easiest way). Put a good cooler on it too.

Gizmovr4

Kevin from Kiggly Racing has a ton of info on the front wheel drive Autos. Hes been around for a long time and can answer any questions you have.

click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned