The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Aeromotive FPR w/install kit

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Shipping from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bear in mind that the Canadian dollar tanked recently with fuel price wars.
So, 0.78 US = 1.00 CDN, 1.00US = 1.28 CDN !!!! Big savings for you guys, and will help make up for shipping and duty.

Up for sale is an Aeromotive A1000 6AN variety FPR and a proper installation kit.
I bought this A1000 AFPR years ago, stored it, and never used it.

The gauge is from Summit.
Summit is retailing these regulators at $164.97 US plus shipping. Then you need the kit to install it.
Adapters can be $15 US, plus hose, and then the rail adapter and a $20 gauge.
Adapters to fit the hose are as follows:
Comprised of 2x 90 degree 6an pushlock fittings, 1x straight 6an pushlock fitting, 2 feet of pushlock high end black Aeroquip hose.
The reason for an extra straight fitting was included in my purchase thought process because I did not know where the unit would sit in the engine bay.
It proved to be too tight with all my wiring, so I chose to go another route, the Buschur/SX type of AFPR.
You now have two options for hose routing with the 90 and or straight fitting selection.
I can throw in the old braided stainless hose with two 90 fittings, but I saw some galling/gauges in the face contact areas (outer contact areas, might not affect sealing but ...), so that is why I opted for pushlock.

I installed a new diaphragm ($26 CDN) in the last month, only because I did not know what it looked like from sitting or previous short term use.
I think the unit had a season of drag/short driving on it. Diaphagm looked new when removed.

I can the sell the unit in the following config's:

$160 USD
A1000 AFPR (red/alum colored style) with new Aeromotive diaphragm installed, 4 new allen head bolts installed.
Spare old diaphragm and 4 case half, allen head bolts
PO modified bracket for mounting

$60 USD
AFPR install kit (Aeroquip hose, pushlock fittings x3(see above), 6AN fuel rail adapter from RTMRacing paid $22.99 CDN))(all new!!)
6an plug (new)
6an fitting fuel inlet (new)
Return adapters (paired - 6an to pushlock outlet) for stock fuel return hose connection to 8mm hose/stock metal return pipe to tank (new)
I built this online from my local supplier (RTMRacing.com) and it would cost me $78 CDN plus shipping for this kit setup.

$210 USD
Complete kit - AFPR, with all components listed in this ad. Take everything.

I accept Paypal.
I will absorb the fees (pay for goods/business, not as gift), so we are both covered if anything happens during shipping.
I will insure the package, at the exact extra cost passed on to you, if required.
I will inquire about base insurance on packages, and advise from there.
No handling fees charged for packaging.
The sale of the AFPR and kit, means I was able to pay for the unit I needed to get my fuel system in check.
This has been 6 years on the works. Yes, I work slowly on certain fronts.

Contact me with any questions you might have.
I get mail here or at 4g61t.org

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Looks like I am going to have to use the gauge for the time being.
I'll prove that it works, may have to leave it installed on my car.
Looking at installing it with the thru-bolt @ the fuel filter.
Used the return fitting as well. Nobody buying = canabalizing what it lying around to make my car run!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned