The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Collector Plates

Brunoboy

My vin says it's a gvr4 but doesn't say anything about the date it was made....

raptorWagon

Quoting Diego:
You will never figure that out.

If you think Diego is joking..he's not. Unless your car had been previously registered on here and in iceman's registry if it still had a badge at the time, then you would have a chance. These cars were numbered randomly from the factory.

Diego

They were numbered at port not at the factory. No one can say if they were numbered 1,2,3 or 1,332,etc... If we have some way of finding that out its down at the bottom but I don't recall reading anything like that on it.

Galactica

That's a bummer, eh? I just detailed the inside and I can still see the ring where the plate used to be. Sucks.....

Brianawd

oregon rule on Collector cars

General Information: This plate is issued to a vehicle that is maintained as a collector's item and is at least 25 years old at the time of application, a vehicle sanctioned as a vehicle of special interest by an established organization that provides for recognition, or is a street rod as defined by ORS 801.513. This plate is also issued to a vehicle that is a racing activity vehicle as defined in Oregon law. Vehicles may only be used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses.
Plate Fees: $12 (one plate issued)
Available For: Passenger Vehicles, Motor Homes, Buses, Mopeds, Motorcycles, Trucks, Travel Trailers, Campers, Special Use Trailers, Heavy Trailers and Light Trailers.

Now my insurance agent said at the start of 2012 when my car becomes 20 years old I can do collector insurace on it. I'm limited to the amount of miles I can drive in a year. No big deal to me because the car did not see more them 500 this year. My rates drop to almost nothing. I don't remember how much. But any thing is better then the $75 I'm paying right now for FC on a car that just sits.

Brunoboy

anyone have this in California?

raptorWagon

Why I love WI's rule, just saw a Mk3 Supra and a miata yesterday with collector plates.

minneSNOWta

After lots of arguing and finally getting a hold of the supervisor's supervisor, I was greeted with this today.

Brunoboy

Anyone have a number to whom I need to contact about this letter? and anyone have a name of the person to talk to?

Diego

Call and ask, I just got off the phone and my letter in 5-7 days.

Its the number Iceman has on page 2 then its option 1 and then option 2, provide the last 8 of your vin and you should be set.

Brunoboy

the 92 does have the letter as well. I just got off the phone and it took about 10 minutes worth of talking and I will receive my letter in 5-7 business days.
-Shane

Galactica

I was looking on the different VIN tags on my car and I found underneath the main VIN a 3 number code matching on all the tags. Mine is 535. I know everyone says there is no way of knowing what # you have unless you have either the plate on the dash or the original key tag, but I was curious to see if there is any correlation. A little off topic I know, so sorry about that.

Brunoboy

so collector plates in CA are the same as Historical Plates?

Diego

Quoting Galactica:
I was looking on the different VIN tags on my car and I found underneath the main VIN a 3 number code matching on all the tags. Mine is 535. I know everyone says there is no way of knowing what # you have unless you have either the plate on the dash or the original key tag, but I was curious to see if there is any correlation. A little off topic I know, so sorry about that.

I went to look at mine just because you brought this up, mine does not have this at all anywhere on the vin's.

raptorWagon

Quoting FlyingEagle:
My Plymouth Colt checks out properly. Just wish there was more information that would show up.
Have not had CAPS installed in a long time, and never tried the new Chrysler/ASA parts program yet either.

My older colts won't work in the decoder because they only have 13 digit VINs..

Galactica

Quoting Diego:
Quoting Galactica:

I went to look at mine just because you brought this up, mine does not have this at all anywhere on the vin's.

Wierd. I wonder why mine does...

BrandonEchols

Just called and was told they'd be getting letters out to me for both 12/1000 and 477/1000 - I'll update when they show up.

Diego

Quoting Galactica:
Quoting Diego:
Quoting Galactica:

Wierd. I wonder why mine does...

I wonder if Iceman has your vin saved on file... maybe one of the POs took the time to stamp yours.....

Galactica

I need to email him and ask

Diego

Received my letter today will be applying for plates soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts