The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Collector Plates

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
OK, Tiny was on it correctly for the most part.

If you are interested in getting a letter like this for your car, contact the toll-free number at 888-648-7820, then Option 1/Option 4. Be prepared to provide the complete VIN, and they will likely tell you they want to update you as the new owner in their system.

The person who sent the letters in this thread no longer works there, but I was assured others would be informed of the situation and they will provide letters as requested. Post back here if you have any issues with this.

Don't everybody call the same day and freak them out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Nice work Icee...

Slugs, I'll still send you one, but this sounds like the right way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

what happened to the post with the info about where to call to get the letter? It was here last night and now its not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
If you are interested in getting a letter like this for your car, contact the toll-free number at 888-648-7820, then Option 1/Option 4. Be prepared to provide the complete VIN, and they will likely tell you they want to update you as the new owner in their system.

You mean this?

Boosted...
Did you receive your letter yet?
I will call in the morning for mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

I just got my letter from Mitsubishi today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can post a pic of what it says if anyone is interested

Last edited:

tsiboy

so no one has been able to get a letter for their 92 vr4?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

slugsgomoo

for the record, if you're a washington state resident, you won't be getting a collector plate until 2021 or 2022 respectively. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

I spoke with someone at the DMV and unfortunately the way the RCW is written, there are no exceptions on vehicle rarity/collectibility, it's solely an issue of "is the car 30+ or not"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

i would also like an update as to whether someone has succesfully got plates for a 92. i wont be driving the 92 very often when i get it back and lower ins. and em. exempt would be nice also

Lonewolf64

^^^ I am calling first thing next week. I have 1992 edition so that should answer your question. ^^^

minneSNOWta

BUMP! I just bought 1899/2000 and was looking into the collector plates as well. 20 years is the mark in MN, so it interested me as an option. I read through this thread and the link and decided to try to get the paperwork from MMNA. I called them and gave the customer rep the last 8 of my vin. They asked me what I needed. Told them I wanted paperwork like the ones some of you obtained about the limited production. The lady told me they could not do it since it is NOT a VR-4. but a GGSX. I was soooo pissed and confused. Told the lady she was mistaken and argued for nearly 15 minutes before I hung up. Apparently she didn't believe me that the dash plaque was real and said that the car was a frankenstein so-to-speak. I was like, "my lines to the rear are leaking everywhere! VR-4 ONLY!" Cooled off for a bit and decided to call back. The next lady told me it was GGSX and I spent time arguing with her too before I asked for the supervisor. Daniel, the supervisor, told me it was GGSX too in their database. Spent some time explaining the features of my car and still no dice. He told me that mitsubishicars.com has a vin look-up too. Then he looked it up himself to find out it was VR-4. Bear in mind that I had to argue for nearly an hour for this piece of paper... Said he was going to send the documentation to my house within a couple weeks. Would not give me his last name or employee # to complain and his supervisor's voicemail was full. They are going to get it in the morning!!!

I will scan the paperwork when it comes.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

i want to do this too, i do not however see any vin lookup on mitsubishicars.com

Galactica

Thanks for that link. It doesn tell me that I have a true VR4 (which is obvious by the car anyway), but it's too bad it can't tell me the # of 1000 that it is. Wish there was some way to find that out.....

donkeylips

That VIN decoder has some incorrect info.

It's listing all the 5spd GGSXs and Talon's I tried as 4spd Automatics. It also isn't including whether or not it has a sunroof like it does with the gvr4. But it seems to be pretty accurate with the 4 gvr4 VINs I tried. I'm thinking they might be easier to decode. Maybe because build dates correspond with options nicely. For example, my two A72s were built within 2 days of each other, but my brothers A71(only difference is stereo) was built a month later. So based on the VIN it can tell when it was made, which tells it what options it has(I'm really just talking sunroof/non-sunroof, and the fact that the other info(5spd) is correct)?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
My Plymouth Colt checks out properly. Just wish there was more information that would show up.
Have not had CAPS installed in a long time, and never tried the new Chrysler/ASA parts program yet either.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned