The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

code readers

paul j

What is a good scan tool to get to read the cruise control codes as suggested on an archived link? Can you turn systems off and on with most of the readers?

stevep

I always read them the same way I used to read the ECU, with a 12v piezo buzzer or 12v LED. But connected to the other pin.

Last edited:

paul j

Could you expound on that Steve? Hook up, interpreting beeps or flashes, etc. Also will an ECU for a 240hp (MD165808) work on 200hp gvr4 (#1551)?

stevep

click

If I remember correctly there are different versions of the 808 ECU. Single board and dual board. The single board can be modified to be a US spec ECU. I think there are threads here discussing what's involved.

Sorry, I fixed the link.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned