The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Code 41

Olson

I'm getting the galant back on the road from sitting around for about 6-8 months the only thing i changed is a blown 16g to a good 16g, 1g maf to a 3inch GM maf with the translater, and non-cruise cable. I getting this code and for the life of me cant get the car to fire. I switched my 950s back to the stock 450s adjusted the global and deadtime in dsmlink, tried to start the car. I got it to fire on 2 cylinders and then i shut it off. like on then 2 sec later i turned it off. Any help would be great.
I want the thing runnin asap. if you want u can contact me at 530 300 8991

Olson

Also its getting fuel. 1 weird thing is before i parked th car i would turn it to the ON postion and hear the pump prime thne i would turn it over, now i dont hear it prime, It is getting fuel and i can turn the pump on and off via dsmlink and it does turn on when i start cranking the car over. Also i did clear the code 41 but it does come back.

Olson

Also the car has spark

Muskrat

Check your wiring for continuity.

How's your ECU? Were cap's replaced? Might try swapping in a known good one just to confirm it's ok.

rgeier11

Our pumps don't prime, I don't know what you heard. The CAS sends the signal to power the fuel pump. Hence, the engine has to be spinning to get fuel.

I would definitely try swapping out ECU's. I believe that is your problem.

Olson

I'll swap the ecu.
The caps have been replaced a few years back. worth a shot.

You will only get a Code 41 if the ECU isn't seeing 12 volts coming back through the injector when it isn't firing, which can only be caused by an open injector or the wiring to them. Of course, that still doesn't rule out an ECU issue also, but Code 41 is just a check for continuity of the wiring basically.

grocery_getter

Does all the cylinders have sparks? You said that the car were only running on 2 cylinders. 1 and 4 fire from one coil, 2 and 3 fire from the second coil. I wonder if you have a bad coil in your coil pack. Or bad igniter.

Olson

yes all had spark i turned the car off before it could fully fire up

grocery_getter

You said it all have spark and you have fuel? so what is exactly the problem again?

Olson

no fire

Olson

I pulled the tube off of the rail and there was fuel. When i pulled out the 950's to put the 450s in there was fuel. but no fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Olson

not sure if i said this or not i cleared the code turned it over and it will come back

Olson

pulled the ecu apart thats just fine dosent smell burnt

Olson

Well heres a thought. The car sat for so long with about 4-5 gal of gas and the gas went bad..... any thoughts on this

chucklesas

Have you pulled out and inspected your spark plugs. Are they fouled up and black? I keep fouling out plugs in my car and once that happens the car won't fire. You might want to check it out and possibly replace the spark plugs if they are that dirty.

Olson

plugs are good and again the ecu is good

Quoting Olson:
not sure if i said this or not i cleared the code turned it over and it will come back

Check to see if you have +12 volts at the injector ballast resistors on the firewall.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts