The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch fork upgrade

link

Towards bottom left of the page.

I tried to find more info on it but it appears that they don't have the website completely updated yet.

Nabeel

whats wrong with the stock Clutch fork? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

belize1334

Quoting Nabeel:
whats wrong with the stock Clutch fork? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Stock is known to break in the middle. 2G is better.

Overkill

I have a machined clutch fork, but haven't checked the clearance yet to see if it will need machined to clear my twin disc. If anyone needs the stronger OEM version over the older weaker ones I believe I have a few laying around.

Nabeel

I just bought a stock fork. the dealer has replaced the part number with another number, which is 2g fork. Part# MD770506.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Nabeel:
I just bought a stock fork. the dealer has replaced the part number with another number, which is 2g fork. Part# MD770506.

this is correct. The old design has been superseded to a new stronger design for years.

Overkill

The fork looks basically the same, however the part that breaks on the early version if much thicker. I believe its right after where the pivot ball attaches!

I went ahead and ordered one with my new clutch kit, also from Competition clutch. I figure why not give it a shot, especially since my trans is already on the ground. I will try to get some comparison pics up between the new one and the 2G style, and maybe the original version if i have one lying around.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

The one from competitionclutch looks very similar to the one that taboo racing used to make back in the day. I used to have one of those on my eclipse then found one for the vr4.

BoostedAWD91

If you still have the original clutch fork in your car like i did, replace it right away. Mine snapped in half out of town one night one my way home which really pissed me off. Anyways, Mitsubishi has revised them and the new OEM fork i got is almost twice as thick as the original.

nemovr4

Quoting Justin:
link

Towards bottom left of the page.

I tried to find more info on it but it appears that they don't have the website completely updated yet.

^^Does this fit in direct replacement of the stock fork? No slave adjustment or shimmin???

nemovr4

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts