The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

check engine light wont turn off???

So i replaced the knock sensor on #671 after i had the stored ecu code 31(knock sensor) so i cleared the code and replaced the knock sensor with one i had layin around,the car runs great but it keeps throwing the check light,i keep clearing the light with my data logger and it keeps coming on after like 2 min after i start the car, should i replace the knock sensor again, or run a new knock sensor wire to the ecu? let me know thanks guys.

Muskrat

It's the knock sensor code, I'm guessing (not clear)

Ohm out the wires and make sure you have good contact. I'd bet there's a good diagnostic procedure in the FSM (at work, can't check). If the sensor is new, I'd assume it's good until you've ruled everything else out. Most likely something else was causing your problem. Don't just throw parts at it, investigate! (this saves $$, and time, usually)

also make sure you're knock sensor wire is plugged in correctly if the tab is broke on it, you could accidentally plug it in backwards. happen on my car once.

Are you sure the knock sensor that you plugged in is for a 1G/GVR-4? We just had another guy fighting a Code 31, and it turned out they had given him a 2G sensor. The Code 31 check is purely a loop resistance test/current test. The ECU is just testing the wiring to the knock sensor and the continuity of the sensor itself. If the wiring and sensor are OK, you must have an ECU issue. Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltage on pin #9 of the ECU?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned