The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Charcol canister question...

gvr4144

Can i just cap this valve and be with out problems?

coyotes

rip it and the vac cannister out and all related vac lines and cap the ports on the throttle body. All the lines and everything connected to them off the throttle body can be removed.

img.php

gvr4144

Why do ypu want to add it back in tektic

gvr4144

Quoting tektic:
It's suppose to be there. Why do you want to get rid of it?

I dont necessarily want to get rid of it, im just wondering if i can cap that valve.

tektic

If you want to cap the valves you render them useless. At this point you should just get rid of it and cap the throttle body.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Just make sure you don't cap off the charcoal canister feed from the gas tank.

Pressure/fumes from the tank get stored in the canister.

Oh wait, if you remove the canister and cap the line, you run into fuel system problems!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Do what you want with the vacuum lines, but don't mess with the design and function of the vapor system for the fuel tank.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I suggest keeping it all, and forgetting about touching it entirely, until the rest of the car is built, functioning 100%, and then you can "think" about removing things because race-car/show-car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned