The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

leaking oil cap

coreyc123

I replace the cap with 3 different caps aand its still leaking.I was wondering if the valve cover could warped or if it possible that the engine vibrations may be cuaseing the cap the shift and leak.

What caps are you replacing it with? Most eBay-type caps lack the spring pressure to seal properly. As Garfield said, in most cases the stock cap is fine and just needs a new gasket under it.

prove_it

Brand new or used? The problem is that the rubber seal under the cap gets hard and cracked over time due to age and heat. IIRC you can get the gasket at most parts stores. If you do have a new cap and seal, then I would clean the surface off and make sure you don't have some kind of debris that would cause an incomplete seal.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned