The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

center diff and vc questions

gaylantvr4

I am having trouble figuring out a problem om my gsx. The car drives fine sraight but when you turn to lock while moving it acts like it has a welded diff but not as bad. I had the center diff out and the washers where chewed up got some used washers and cleaned up the surface. I am thinking my vc is bad but have never encountered this before. any input would be helpful

GVR4_1057

Still sounds like the center diff is bad. They weld themselves together on the VC side thrust surface from friction. Could you turn the diff to actuate the spider gears when you had it apart? Or maybe your transfer case is going out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Center diff for sure. If you send it to Jack's they can fix it by using torrington bearings. Mine only cost about $115 for them to do it when I had one that had a completely welded input shaft.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned