The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car Overheated

jnava

Staff member
Oh snap......

ade

162859-2nd-annual-5-0-shootout-announcement-oh_snap.gif

i lied

GSTwithPSI

Quoting turbowop:
I've gone through four turbo setups, a head rebuild, three transmissions, four clutches, a headgasket, three suspension setups, methanol, SAFC, Maftpro, and now ECMlink, a couple few timing belts, amongst other mods and maintenance.

9451240c03b8c94.jpg

9451240c03a4d4e.jpg

Does that make you happy? Do I need to show you how I reassembled it all? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Three transmissions and four clutches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif? Why? How did you reassemble it? I guess if I use your method of thinking, your wrench turning skillz in the drivetrain department aren't quite up to par judging from what you said? I mean, you are on your third transmission, so that must mean you aren't building them correctly. Either that, or you driving skills need some work. It's not like your car is putting down transmission eating numbers, that's for sure. Either way, I've never torn down an AWD 4G63 transmission or put one together. But, I guess I'll sit here and make assumptions about your abilities where I have zero experience, and say you suck at building transmissions. This is my assumption of course, since I don't know why you are replacing drivetrain components. I just base my opinions of your abilities solely off of what I think, not because of my experiences in those areas, or facts. Isn't that how you roll there, Wopper?

Quoting turbowop:
You were a prick to Barnes in this thread, a prick to me about the oilpan gasket, a prick to G when he questioned you about your bearings or fuel pump filter, etc, etc. I could go on. You're just a prick. So I said something and now you're butthurt about it. Get over yourself.

Can you go on and on? I'd be interested to see it. I'm sure everyone is grateful for your policing of the forums. Prick or not, I'm not sure how it's your job to make sure I'm held accountable for it. I think the only one I've really been a prick to in your list is you, so who's butt hurt now?

Quoting turbowop:
That doesn't even scratch the surface...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

After 10+ years, I wouldn't expect it to?

turbowop

I'll play because I get a kick out of this...

Stock clutch: toast
ACT clutch: blew the springs...twice (common issue)
Quartermaster: didn't like the harshness
TMZ clutch: love it (still using currently

I guess that makes five.

Stock trans: blew GVR4 first gear launching at the track (common issue)
Created a frankenstein trans out of that one and some other parts: worked okay until I 3-2 shifted twice at the track (sitting in the garage awaiting my attention now)
Current trans: English rebuild with Evo3 gears, welded center diff, the works: Shifts amazing

Wanna know how that valve got burned? I fucked up the tune trying out a new type of racegas back in '03. Live and learn.

The difference between you and I is that I never came on here and bitched or moaned about it. I also don't act like a complete prick to those that make suggestions when I did post a thread or two based on my failures. I chalk it up to "sh*t happens", fix it and move on. Whether it was my fault or not.

You blame your car, previous owners, etc. You do things like put a fuel pump into a tank that you know has garbage in it, use only a screen for a filter, and go drive it around "until you can come up with a better solution". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif Then you bitch at forum members that suggest that might not be a good idea. Maybe you should listen to these guys and just fix it properly and issues like the ones you KEEP HAVING won't keep happening. I hope some of that garbage gets caught up in the fuel system while you're WOT and you blow ANOTHER engine... I also can't wait for your sweet oilpan gasket to start leaking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif So that you can come back on here and say "moar woes". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gay.gif

GSTwithPSI

For "the record" as you say, I never blamed the car, previous owner(s), or anyone else. Did the previous owners screw a lot of sh*t up? Yeah. All I did was express this fact. But, I'm sure you know all about that, huh? You had bald tires and a brake job to deal with when you got your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Drive around while using a screen as a filter? I used this as a means to diagnose the problem, and a temp fix so I could at least start and run the car, not so I could go driving around the block. Yet another of your stupid assumptions. Please, tell me what else I'm doing wrong?

When the oil pan gasket starts leaking I'll let you know.

prove_it

Well done sir, well done.

This could very well turn in a 1051 build thread.

jnava

Staff member
Holy sh*t...did you see that..........that 240z in the back is sexy.

144193-0-0-0_zps0768c775.jpg

turbowop

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
For "the record" as you say, I never blamed the car, previous owner(s), or anyone else. Did the previous owners screw a lot of sh*t up? Yeah. All I did was express this fact. But, I'm sure you know all about that, huh? You had bald tires and a brake job to deal with when you got your car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Drive around while using a screen as a filter? I used this as a means to diagnose the problem, and a temp fix so I could at least start and run the car, not so I could go driving around the block. Yet another of your stupid assumptions. Please, tell me what else I'm doing wrong?

When the oil pan gasket starts leaking I'll let you know.

Oh but you always make sure to let me know I had it so much easier since I had a cream puff to start out with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roll.gif You're still bitching and moaning, when you should be wrenching. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

nope 280zx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

prove_it

Wop, you might hit 10k posts with this one.

EHmotorsports

get to 9999 and dont waste the good one on him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jnava

Staff member
Hey...I'm not a Nissan guru...but that car looked clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting turbowop:
Oh but you always make sure to let me know I had it so much easier since I had a cream puff to start out with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roll.gif You're still bitching and moaning, when you should be wrenching. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I need 10 years to catch up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

EHmotorsports

just messing with ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

EHmotorsports

i think its funny all of us can have separate conversations and still be able to see the fight at the same time. haha
its like me watching TV while playing a computer game.

prove_it

Quoting EHmotorsports:
i think its funny all of us can have separate conversations and still be able to see the fight at the same time. haha
its like me watching TV while playing a computer game.

Indeed

turbowop

Quoting GSTwithPSI:

I need 10 years to catch up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

At the rate you're going, that's gonna be a lot more wasted engines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts