The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car Overheated

transparentdsm

so i just read everything, did you retorque the head studs after you heated the car up and drove it for 500-1000 miles?? because if you didnt that would explain your problem. wop is right live and learn and with the 4g63 platform, your always living and learning. and just so you know 10 years of experience will only get you as far as the people teaching and helping you can provide. So maybe try not to burn so many bridges before you've even started you journey and your attitude toward the people trying to help you really wasn't warranted, the way your acting makes me think of this pill head asshole who cant get his sh*t straight that i work with. its just sad.

James

I've been on this platform for a long time and I still ask newb questions/learn new things every day.

prove_it

Long time members will get this.

Anyone remember that kenny kid who always asked for them went off ranting page after page?
This thread reminded me of him.

jnava

Staff member
RelatableMittRomney_zpsa122392d.jpg

5OF2k

kingofpopcorn1.gif

Jaejoong_popcorn.gif

colbert-popcorn.gif

tumblr_mcj4dpj0fi1qe8zp0.gif

popcornz.gif

m86Vz.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jnava

Staff member
This thread is full of win...I just couldn't help myself.

turbowop

Quoting transparentdsm:
wop is right live and learn

The smartest comment GST made was when he quoted me saying that and then said the same thing, rather than putting the blame elsewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And yeah, this totally reminds me of Kenny Kline. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

prove_it

Yea that was his name! lol

GSTwithPSI

Quoting transparentdsm:
so i just read everything, did you retorque the head studs after you heated the car up and drove it for 500-1000 miles?? because if you didnt that would explain your problem.

No. reason being, I never got 500 miles on the car. Shortly after the head gasket went, I had fuel pump issues and had to park it.

transparentdsm

from the way you have your build thread reading it sounds like you had the fuel problem tried to quick fix it and then had heating issues. so i was a little confused there. maybe its your tune, premature detonation inside the cylinder, causing it to detonate while the piston is still in the upward motion while valves where still closed causing excessive amounts of pressure and heat build up, instead of when its at the top where valves are open and the detonation causes it to force the piston back down. just a theory.

ade

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifi lost track. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifwho said what? lol at above comments. is it over yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gifmommy, daddy, dont fight. who won? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gifsweet 280z. rematch?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned