The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can't get oil feed tube to fit properly

alik

Ugh.

Yes, have both washers on banjo bolts, but, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Muskrat

You do realize that you've given no information, and so will probably not receive any help.

alik

My apologies, and, thank you for the pointer.

There's a gap at the head, where the oil feed is picked up.
Both washers are on, but, it seems as if the oil line is kinked towards the driver side, so there's a gap towards the rear of the car.
As soon as I crank the engine, the leak ensues.

And, in case anyone wonders, the washers are the right fit.

What should I do? Bend the line slightly so it fits flush?

Last edited:

Polish

Stock Manifold and Turbo? or at least stock equivalent (2g/Evo)?

If not then that is your issue, different(Tubular style) manifolds will not locate it in the same spot as stock and you'll need a flexible SS line.

Otherwise I'd say your stocker got bent a bit and thus won't line up anymore.

alik

Stock manifold, stock housing on Evo3 16G.
Is it possible to bend it back in order to fit?

slobra

I had the same problem when I switched to a 2g manifold. I just made my life easier and bought a braided line. Looks better and much easier to install.

alik

I've got scraped knuckles, and the line is slightly bent in a different direction. Oil is running out the top. I'm pissed off.

Where the hell do I get a braided line, 'cause I'm tired of this sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Barnes

Or buy a new hard line? I think they are fairly cheap.

Polish

Quoting alik:
I've got scraped knuckles, and the line is slightly bent in a different direction. Oil is running out the top. I'm pissed off.

Where the hell do I get a braided line, 'cause I'm tired of this sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

click

alik

Update. Couldn't get either my or my buddy's (Orlando) hard oil feed line to fit.
Ordered a flexible line (all of $24) from click (although seems like it was the only one).

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned