The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Buying a Datalogger

mean_green

I know I know, This subject has been beaten time and time again.... BUT

I've been doing more and more searching and just getting more and more confused. Will someone please give me either a link or describe to me what I need to get this done. Palm seems the way to go via cheapness or something but I have no idea what models I can and can't use w MMcD or whatever it is. I read something about it needing to be OS 3.0? Whats this mean, the software on the unit, and how do I make sure that a Palm off ebay or something has it? Just hope its in the description?

I also need help on cables, something with a serial hotsync and what others? It would be great if someone could list the name or types of cables and the their description of what they do. I believe the serial hotsync goes from logger -PDA- to pc to get the information off? See Im not even sure on that.

Pleas straighten me out, so frustrated with trying to price this all out so I can get it gathered to log my car before winter hits.

TIA
-Alan

Last edited:

First of all, research MMcD to see what models of Palm work with it. I use an M100 with MMcD. Many others work. Then search E-Bay for the Palm. Make sure it comes with a cable. Download MMcD. HotSync your Palm. Research on how to make a cable to plug into OBD port, or buy one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned