The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake line pressure

Okayplayer

I'm looking at getting some cheap eBay ss brake lines. I don't trust them entirely so I am going to pressure check them on the hydraulic bench tester at my job. Anybody know how much pressure the brake lines take under normal to aggressive street driving? I plan to test them to about 125% to make sure they won't randomly give out on me.

Okayplayer

Anybody have some ideas of what the brake lines pressures are?

citymunky

Apply 1000 PSI, normal -4 Stainless steel braid Medium Pressure Teflon, and Medium Pressure rubber burst pressure is 3000 PSI.

Medium Pressure SS hose will have 4 to 5 stands within on braid.

Okayplayer

Thanks for the insight. As turbowop suggested, I googled it and found that through Stoptech, they say that braking pressure can be anywhere from 800 psi during normal breaking to upwards of 2000 psi in aggressive braking. I don't know why I didn't think of trying this earlier, but it's nice to get words from more experienced mechanics. thx.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned