The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boost

Boos929

How much boost can I run safely on stock turbo and fuel just a boost controller

gvr4ever

14-15psi WITH a fuel pump rewire. Seeing as the fuel pump is probably tired at this point, you might want to keep it stock till you can upgrade the fuel pump and injectors.

*edit* the 14-15psi is with 93 pump. If you can't get 93, then you can't run as much.

Last edited:

656of1000

I agree 100%. Supporting mods are a must before you do anything. There's only so much that 20 year old wiring and components will handle before they fail.

Might I suggest this thread gets moved to the Newbie section?

JCorbo25

I run 10-11psi. Once you get a good logger and a wideband you can see where you are at.

matt92vr4

Totally agree on logging and supporting mods.

With that said I enjoy breaking stuff so I'm running 16psi with stock everything - K&N, MBC, gutted cat. 19psi on a 110/93 mix. I do hit fuel cut once in a while at 19psi. Like I said, I don't mind breaking stuff. When I break stuff then I get to buy better new stuff to break later. I've been running like this for a couple months with no problems.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned