The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BLUE SMOKE!!!!!!!

Kenny_Kline

Whats done is done and motor is already prepped to be pulled. We already knew headgasket was shot without doing leakdown test and it doesnt matter if it pumped air into the crankcase. When I rip it down, I will probably bring to machine shop and have them go through it real quick. They do amazing work so I am going to leave the assembly in there hands and go for round 2 next year.

ANd I did not know about the cold compression test numbers. Now I do.

Last edited:

Brianawd

Here is my thing. In all my 11 years of playing with the 4g63t I have never once see it blow a head gasket in the way you think it has. I have see them blow between cylinders and into the coolant ports but never into the oil return ports. So I still will stick by my first post of Bad rings/broke ring lands/Sticking piston. Good luck and don't give up. sh*t happens. All the matters is you learn from you mistake so you don't do it again.

prove_it

Number one rule, if it's running like poo Shut it off ASAP! Remember that for life. It will happen again. A leakdown test will help you to figure out the integrety of the hardware. Yes it will leak into the case, but is it from the rings or the gasket. That's what you NEED to know first. You might not see the damage, but it's there. It's like a compression test, do it dry and if you leak a lot then add a lot of oil to seal the rings if you leak a little then your rings are shot, if it still leaks a lot then you have a gasket issue.

You need to know your destination before you start driving somewhere, just going out with no direction will only get you lost.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned