The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Biss screw popped off

cooliomo

So i was driving the other day doing a 1st-2nd pull. 1st gear wasn't pull like it used to then went into 2nd there was a big hesitation before it some what started pulling (lack of power). so i went home and it was idling bad, open the hood the biss screw was gone! aka a big vacuum leak.

so my question is am i going to have to order this part or is there an identical screw i could use?

BoostedAWD91

u have to get a new one. there is no screw that u can get from the hardware store that will work correctly. just post a WTB on here and im sure someone has one they will sell you for a few $.

Got mine from the local mitsu dealership for like $6 or $8 I believe. IMO your best bet

vr460mez

Same thing hapened to me a few years back. My galant would'nt idle so I used a pen cap to plug the hole. Then just picked one up at the junk yard.

chucklesas

By the way, if you ever order the BISS from JNZ you need to ALSO order the o-rings as it doesn't come with them. I did not realize that. Luckily I was able to find the correct o-ring at the local Ace Hardware.

DSSA

Charles,

Correct.

If you order it from ANY place that sells genuine Mitsubishi parts (not just us), the screw comes separate from the o-ring. Both need to be ordered unless you already have an o-ring or are re-using a newer o-ring and have cross-threaded the screw.

Josh

DSSA

On a side note:

Parts are as follows:

Screw: MD614948, $1.32

O-Ring: MD608806, $3.14 (expensive!!! if you use a non-oem you need to make sure that the thickness matches or it won't seal completely)

Cap: MD614150, $4.70

Hope this helps.

Josh

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned