The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best spark plugs wires for the 4g63

FCR

It's time to change my spark plugs wires. Just wondering which are the best spark plugs wires. Any advice experience??????

OML made in the usa baby....magnacore makes a great 8.5mm wire set for a decent price but from my experience 10mm OML wires have worked the best for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry Posten

NGK copper resistor.

7s for stock, 6s for boost over 20psi.

***EDIT***
I mis-read the post, my reply is for plugs, not wires. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

dmj

As Above NGK all the way . Tried Bosch and had nothing but trouble the never fit the coil terminals properly

slugsgomoo

Quoting Terry Posten:
NGK copper resistor.

7s for stock, 6s for boost over 20psi.

***EDIT***
I mis-read the post, my reply is for plugs, not wires. Sorry about that.

I found the hotter plugs were more of an issue at higher boosts, and stock calls for 6's. Going colder at higher power levels seems to work best, though I'd recommend the non projected plugs, they always worked better for me. BR7ES all the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've had the regular "cheap" ngk's and the expensive magnecores. The only thing I can tell you about them is that they're thicker and cost more. I never saw a difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Terry Posten

Now you mention it, your right, I always get things backwards when companies use reverse logic.

I had a set made by Accel a few years back. Wish they weren't yellow, or I'd look for another set.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

I have a set of those now and everybody keeps making fun of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Had them on the car for 9 years and they still work great.

turbowop

For stock cars I only use NGK's. I had to custom make a set for 1051 though, due to where I had to mount my coil pack after my SMIM install years ago. I purchased a set of cut-to-fit MSD's and they've held up well ever since I first installed them. They're red, BTW. None of that ricer yellow crap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4Grim

I was running Accel wires and never had a issue with them. I was lucky to find a set in Red...as most of the Accel stuff is yellow.

dandanger

Kingsborne for me, works like a dream. They make also cyclone compatible wires and they're 8mm and color is like oem(red).

kama1

Ngk for me,never had problems with them 2-3years already n/a and turbo 4g63.

Chad989of2000

Quoting slugsgomoo:

I've had the regular "cheap" ngk's and the expensive magnecores. The only thing I can tell you about them is that they're thicker and cost more. I never saw a difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Same here and I also agree...especially in terms of cost.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned