The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

best place for crush washers?

JNR

where do you guys get your copper crush washers from, for the oil/coolant lines on the turbo/engine, etc.? I'd like to get them local if possible, but being metric not sure how feasible that will be and/or what sizes they are; suppose I could measure them, but wanted to see if there is a good place to get these. Don't really want to go to pep boys, etc., as they have big % markup, so would a hardware store carry these?

ktmrider

I've gotten them at plumbing supply stores however many have a minimum order value ( usually $10 ).

FP sells them individually, if placing an order will throw in a few 10-12mm ones since shipping does not go up.

alansupra94

I know plumbing store by me has them off the shelf. I just had to bring mine in for them to match them. They are use to seeing me for all my weird taps and dies that I need so they never charge me a minimum.

JNR

Thanks, guys and will check out a plumbing store, or a mom and pop hardware store that carries a lot of that stuff...Wasn't sure if it had to be a particular 'copper' (I believe some are softer than others, etc.), although bet if I match the thickness and diameters, I'll be good to go. Mine "look" alright, but believe it's always good idea to replace those sort of things.

I'd do online, but it's such a small quantity ($), seems like shipping would be more, plus no extra $ to place any orders for big stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JNR

Well, ending up getting some from FP, although they use aluminum now instead of copper, weird, and $1/pice * 6, yikes...thinking aluminum may be better seal, BUT more of a one-time use vs. copper, as I imagine it compresses and conforms more; however, prob. a good idea to replace each time anyway. Was looking at my copper ones and they seem to be in real good shape, so maybe I'll keep around as spares, even though hoping not to have to loosen or remove them once I'm done here for a long time.

A few years ago I bought something like this.

click

As a matter of fact, I am almost out so I may try that place above.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned