The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best deal on OEM 4g63 engine gasket kit?

coyotes

Is JNZ the best price? I am looking to be a cheap ass and find it for the lowest cost.

tektic

I got what I needed from Mitsubishiparts.net I got mostly evo 3 stuff though. I picked what I wanted. Didn't buy a set.

andrew4g63

I would use JNZ. There great over there. Plus they visit this forum and seem to help the community.

Thirsty

G'day Try realstreetperformance.com
Cheers
Ross

BogusSVO

I used mostly Engine Tech gaskets, no issues from them, They are not bad priced. But I toss the HG and use a Felpro 9627PT

But I have also used, Evergreen, Erstic, Topline from Ebay on some builds, customer supplied. I still toss the HG from all of them, along with the oil pan gasket, and use the Felpro HG.

Now IIRC, it is the Evergreen gasket set that is the most complete, including new crush washers for the oil squirters.

G

Staff member
I would go all oem. It's not worth the headache to save a few bucks.

coyotes

That is my likely course of action, just wanted to hear some input.

Evan told me to go OEM so I better not make him mad.

BogusSVO

The big thing with any gasket, is a good clean oil free surface and proper torque on the bolts that join the parts.

Yes some gaskets are more critical than others, the head gasket being the main one, along with a decent VC, front crank and rear main seals. You can add valve stem seals to that list too.

But as far as most paper gaskets go, not enough difference to tell. If the die cut is accurate.

It is not like the the auto manufactures each have there own gasket and seal plants making gaskets for them. The car manufactures cut a deal with a gasket maker and provide the engineering plans for the gasket and seals they need and have them made to there specs.

GSTwithPSI

^In other words, you can save a few bucks, but still get the same OEM quality with the Fel-Pro composite gasket. If you do a little searching around, there are people pushing them upwards of 400 HP and 30 PSI. click click

Not bad for a $30 dollar part: Fel-Pro Head Gasket. There's no benefit to running an OEM composite head gasket IMO, unless you just like to pay more money for the hell of it. There are definitely things that I would only buy OEM, but a head gasket isn't one of them. Parts like the knock sensor, thermostat, and a few others, I'd try and stick with OEM.

Street Surgeon

I'd get either the OEM or Cometic kit (less the head gasket) but that's just me.

EHmotorsports

my own personal car runs other then the OEM gasket. but i have to recommend factory to cover my own. if you want to run other then OEM please do so but know I frown upon it as I cant stand behind it.

raptorWagon

Mitsubishiparts.net +1! And they are local, it's the webstore for Bruce Titus Mitsubishi in Olympia. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vr4junkie

I agree you don't always have to go OEM as long as you use good name brands and not cheap made in China crap you should be good ..... Felpro Head gaskets are good and cheap another thing I liked was all the ones I used were made in Japan for most Japanese vehicles I worked on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned