The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

.030 overbore head gasket???

ggsxkid

i recently bought a built shortblock. its had been bored .030 over. now ive looked around and searched on google a lil bit and thers people out ther that say a stock bore head (like a mitsu mls, which i have) gasket is fine up to a .040 over bore. is this info true??? is it better if i get a .030 over bore gasket instead??? i want this engine to last and seal well.

i recently bought a .030 over hg from jnz. but the one they sent me was for an evo 4g63.... now ive been talking with the owner to resolve the problem and he's been very helpful. he gave me a recent list of the sizes they sell for a dsm 4g63. i have stock, .020, and .040 over to choose from. would it be best if i go with the .040???

Dialcaliper

The Mitsu MLS gasket is supposed to be fine for anything from stock diameter to .040 overbore, so yes, it should be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts