The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BCS connection

4thStroke

I'm trying to wire in an aftermarket 3 port valve to utilize the ECMLink ECU controlled boost. The stock BCS solenoid was thrown out a long time ago. I have 2 connections in the same vicinity and am having a tough time figuring out which connection to use, here is a photo I just took.

I have the 2 plugs in question in front of the UICP. They both come from the same part of the harness, one has a shorter set of wires taped together, the other wires are a good amount longer which kind of snake around in the picture in a sleeve.

Which connection is for the factory BCS?

Barnes

Can you manually trigger the fuel pressure solenoid with the ECMlink like you can on a stock ECU with a logger? That's one way to tell. Plug in a solenoid, use the logger to turn the FP solenoid on, and check which one clicked.

4thStroke

I didn't realize the other was for the FPS.

I was able to plug in the solenoid and power the BCS itself. It was the longer set of wires, for future reference.

Thanks, Jon.

Last edited:

4thStroke

I got to play with the ECU controlled boost a bit today. I think I am really going to enjoy this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned