The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BC Coilovers

RedTwo

I brought some aluminium bolts and nuts. Got an engineer to weld them onto the bottom of the strut mount.

The rears? Well GTO arms have brackets built into them so I don't have that problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GSX_TC

Cant BC fix this bracket problem there selves?

Brunoboy

So for everyone wondering, The Coilovers were really straight forward. it took 2 weeks to get them and it was a bolt on affair. The Only thing I noticed about the rear bracket for the brakelines is that it needed to be flipped towards the back and installing my Evo Suspension SS Lines from Garfield made it easy to route and bolt on. I did have to bend the stock bracket slightly(when i say slightly, it was a very tiny bend on the stock bracket , not the coil).

unfortunately I cant take pics of the car on the ground since I have a Clutch Drag Issue thats keeping me from driving it. The car is still JSB so I have no idea how low it is aha. will report back as soon as it is on the floor.
-Shane

strokin4dr

My BCs showed up on Monday. Hoping to get a chance to install them by the end of the week. I too will post some pics afterward.

belize1334

Now I'm confused. How are the Evo SS lines different from 1g/GVR4 lines?

Also, for anyone with a set in hand ready to install, would you please measure the front lower bolt holes? They're slotted to allow extra camber adjustment but it'd be useful to know exactly how wide top and bottom.

Last edited:

OMFGeofffff

^^^^They are 1 piece. So instead of getting 6-8(i forget) lines you get 4.

Brunoboy

Quoting belize1334:
Now I'm confused. How are the Evo SS lines different from 1g/GVR4 lines?

Also, for anyone with a set in hand ready to install, would you please measure the front lower bolt holes? They're slotted to allow extra camber adjustment but it'd be useful to know exactly how wide top and bottom.

They are one piece and fully moveable. once the mounting holes on the brake lines are installed, i can pull the lines to the length i want wherever i need it. Also The fronts come with Camber Plates so no need for camber bolts.
-Shane

belize1334

I'm aware that they have camber plates. I'm also aware that the holes are ALREADY slotted for additional camber. This is important since the plates only allow about 2* camber which is really not very much for race applications. I just want to know the extent of the slotting. I could take mine off and measure but I thought it would be easier for somebody who hasn't installed them yet.

As for the brake lines, did you need an adapter to make them compatible with the OEM rear caliper.

Brunoboy

oh i see what your saying, and nope, It bolts up just like it should.
-Shane

Brunoboy

Well when I got them, I had a two finger gap in the front, and a .5 finger gap in the rear.Seems like a lot of camber in the rear.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

thanks, ill get better pics soon, i have that clutch dragging problem so i cant drive it anywhere.

Brunoboy

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Luke:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting dmj:</font><hr />
Spring rates KG/mm 180 front 220 rear. based on manufacturer claims.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Those numbers are the spring length, not the spring rate...
The spring rates are 10kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear.

Here's the info I got from google about this coilover:
•Spring Rates Front - 180L-10K
•Spring Rates Rear - 220L-8K

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Bump, after looking it over again, the Box they came in and BC themselves put it 8k Front and 6k Rear. You CAN ask for a different setup since it is made to order. I have not put any miles on mine yet since im still fixing the drag problem but I turned mine up to 28 all around and the car is pretty stiff if pushing on it and pushing down on it. But yea, for reference again, 8k/6k is how they come unless asked for another setup.
-Shane

Brunoboy

Quoting belize1334:
I'm aware that they have camber plates. I'm also aware that the holes are ALREADY slotted for additional camber. This is important since the plates only allow about 2* camber which is really not very much for race applications. I just want to know the extent of the slotting. I could take mine off and measure but I thought it would be easier for somebody who hasn't installed them yet.

As for the brake lines, did you need an adapter to make them compatible with the OEM rear caliper.

Also to Clarify, the Brake lines are not FOR an Evo, its made for the Vr4/1g that use Evo Suspension.
-Shane

Tre3zy

just got done installing mine yesterday and finish with alignment today... here is how she sits... had to mildly roll the front fenders... but im pretty happy with them... just gotta play with the stiffness now to my liking for daily use... btw dont mind the quarter panel it will be fixed soon...

thedsmguy

Holy crap you car looks a lot like mine. (with a little more damage)

I have those turn signals and very dumped. I'm so jealous of your coilovers!

Nice ride!

Brunoboy

Quoting Tre3zy:
just got done installing mine yesterday and finish with alignment today... here is how she sits... had to mildly roll the front fenders... but im pretty happy with them... just gotta play with the stiffness now to my liking for daily use... btw dont mind the quarter panel it will be fixed soon...

Looks good , your welcome for helping with install.aha

Tre3zy

Quoting thedsmguy:
Holy crap you car looks a lot like mine. (with a little more damage)

I have those turn signals and very dumped. I'm so jealous of your coilovers!

Nice ride!

thank you

Tre3zy

update guys... did my first auto-x event with the coilovers... handled very well i am very happy oh how the coilovers performed along with my 26mm rear sway bar...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned