The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bank 1 o2 sensor

16g16v

I didnt kow to put this post in the tech or newb section but I figured here. My o2 sensor that sits in the o2 housing is done. My problem is is that I have a gvr4 with a ful jdm,dsm swap including the harness so the new sensors that are avalible to me do not have the correct conection for the harness. I cant read the part number on the o2 ,all i can make out is that it is an NGK product.Is there anyway around this?.All I need is just the part number or if there is another car that actually takes theis o2 sensor..idk.. im stuck. Thank you guys.....Chris.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Show us the connector type you have.

Worst case you can splice the old end onto a new sensor (the universal types work this way).

16g16v

Sorry cant post pics right now . I picked up a bosch unit and it has a 4 prong connector as the ngk unit that is in my car has a 2 prong conector. Also the bosch is a 4 wire and mine is a 2 wire. I dont have a check engine light but the car is running a tit bit rich. The resson why I am changing this to begin with is that the wire casing is cracking and fraying.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That means you have a non-heated sensor. You only need to wire up the two sensor wires then, not the heater wires.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned