The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

B21 Rear Diff.

CSMShaun

My Galant has a rear differential on it that has the markings "B21","3.545" and some Japanese characters. I understand what the 3.545 designates but I am curious as to what vehicle this differential originally lived in and whether or not it is a limited-slip type. Any information is greatly appreciated.

curtis

Look in the axle holes
One side will have one set of splines and the other will have 2 if its a lsd.

CSMShaun

The B21 is the stock rear differential. Has the boss in the top of the case for the oil pump for the four wheel steering and is not a limited slip type differential.

H05TYL

for the record B15 is a 3-bolt plate lsd, pretty easy to tell from the outside though as it has no hole for the 4ws pump

raptorWagon

B17 is a 3 bolt LSD, I swapped one a few months back.
img0541t.jpg

img0548yl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned