The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GGSX Rear Diff

dlesser

As I keep trying to turn my GGSX into the daily driver I continue to replace parts :)

Looks like it has a bad read diff and to replace it I need to find another one. Does anyone know if the same rear diff is on a Mitsubishi Expo or any other vehicle? I can find the transmission codes but nothing that explained which vehicles came with the same rear diff as the Galant GSX.

If someone has one...PM me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

strokin4dr

I not sure if any other US spec cars use the same final drive ratio as the ggsx. You could pick up a 1g dsm 3 or 4 bolt rear and swap in the ggsx ring and pinion and be good to go though.

GSX_TC

I believe the auto were diff from the manual. Gear ratio wise.

dlesser

Sounds like a GGSX rear diff from a MT is more rare than the VR4 :)

I am going to pull off the back cover of the rear diff and see whats going on in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cab222

You are probably the luckiest man alive. There is a GGSX Manual car at you pull and Pay junkyard right now. The rear end and driveshaft are still there as of today.

Alainb7

The GGSX AT ratio is different than GGSX and VR4 MT diff. The GGSX rear diff is a 3 bolt non lsd diff.

If you have an GGSX AT, you can ugrade to a 4 bolt lsd by taking rear diff from a 1G DSM AT with rear axle.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts