The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AWD Trans weight ? How Much do these weigh ?

atsiauto

I have to ship one , and I'm considering fedex, but they have a 150lb limit so Im asking here if anyone knows ! thanks !

gvr4ever

I think UPS said mine was 165. That included what I shipped it in too.

marvinmadman

I shipped one in a crate I made out of wood and got it right at 149lbs with a digital bathroom scale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's usually 125lbs with packaging when I use a 20x20x20 box and THICK foam.

atc250r

Staff member
I shipped one via FedEx in a cardboard box with a wooden bottom in it to FL with no problem. The only catch was that it had to go to a business according to FedEx but that was no problem.

John

gvr4ever

Strange we are all getting different numbers. I guess I was overcharged.

So, how much does it really weigh?

I've shipped a dozen or so in the last couple years and that's always what mine weigh. 120-130lbs with packaging. I'll weigh 2 from the shop just to see what the bathroom scale comes up with.

I shipped one and swear it was like 150... its right around the limit.... I had a hookup thou and we claimed it weighed less. I packaged it in a nice tuperware thing with handles and the driver didnt mind lifting it i guess.... they know when its too heavy.... He just hooked it up somehow...

there are a few good threads on this!!!! LEt me see if I can dig something up for you...

Someone dug it up for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts