The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Identify these trans parts

beaner

I acquired all of this in a trade a few years back. The story goes, it was a modded 2g awd with a tre trans. Something went wrong and he pulled the trans, opened it up, took everything apart, and that's as far as he got. The trans is really the only thing I have yet to get my hands on with these cars, so I have no clue what I'm looking at. Ultimately I will be selling this stuff as I have no intention of using it and I'm sick of moving it around in the garage. Just want to know if I have 50 dollars of parts here or 500. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks in advance.

pauleyman

That looks to be a nearly complete transmission. Front diff is missing. Also the shaft on the right. That is two pieces. If the short piece is stuck on the transfercase shaft it is likely toast. Any damage?

donniekak

Left to right. 5th shift fork, 1-2 fork, 3-4 fork(3holes), drive and driven 5th gears, with reverse idler in between, 5th slider, and 36mm stake nuts for the end of the shafts. Reverse idler fulcrum. Rear output shaft, with the front output shaft on it. Intermediate gear cluster, and shaft. Input cluster, and shaft.The brass rings are the 5th, and reverse synchros. The rods are the shift rails. The 5th gear hub is next to the vcu, with the 5th gear roller bearing halves above the center diff.

No way of knowing the values of the parts without doing a detailed inspection. Although it does appear to be the weaker 93+ gearset.

DynastyLCD

Beaner, the center diff, (2nd pic, front and center) take off those 8 14mm bolts, and see if it has 2 spiders, or 4. that will be of great value to you, especially if you decide on selling this stuff. 4 spider diffs are worth some decent coin.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned