The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

automatic seat belts not working

InitialdVR4

i just bought 890/2000 as a family car for a baby on the way but both, driver and passenger side door automatic seat belts dont budge at all and im not much of a electronic person so anyone with insight to this, the help would be very much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

desant78

Is the belt in tension? Sometimes my belts don't moved because I was acting a fool and the belt locks, then when I turn off the car it pulls the belt back and jams itself. After I un-hook the belts, and release the tension, they move freely. Figured you should try the obvious before trying to trouble shoot, good luck!

Fish

Get a test light and check all of your fuses next to the clutch pedal. My wiring diagram says its fuse #17, not sure which one that is though. The previous owner seems to have misplaced my owners manual and fuse cover.

desant78

Since my first post was not very helpful..

click

^link to the fuse box. Good luck!

ktmrider

One option I highly highly recommend is getting a manual seat belt kit from an 89 Galant.

Electric models, ie electric chokers, are nothing but problems IMO. There's an 89 in my local yeard, will check it out next week for the parts if interested.

James

Transparentdsm on here has a full setup of auto seatbelt a for sale if you decide to stick with them.

transparentdsm

Quoting James:
Transparentdsm on here has a full setup of auto seatbelt a for sale if you decide to stick with them.

that i do and they did work great before i removed them.

ktmrider

Hey EB notice your post count is not going up with all those ? responses.

Love these strays trying to get their post counts up to sell parts..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ktmrider

^^ EB = evoBeast who replied to a number of threads with ? as his post.

I finally got a chance to visit UPI for the 89 LS. Seat belts were CUT OFF for whatever reason. Sorry I couldn't help out.

Did you ever figure out the electric ones? Both sides being out seems like more of a fuse/relay/power issue.

On that note I also have my old e-chokers, OP they're yours for the cost of shipping.

InitialdVR4

Not at all, ive checked the fuses but not the relays. would you happen to know what relay it it? To be honest i don't know what an e-choker is?

ktmrider

Sorry e-chokers is what I call electric/auto seatbelts. Caught my head/neck numerous times when reaching into the car thru the window while running ( setting BISS for example ).

dsm10o0

Quoting ktmrider:
Sorry e-chokers is what I call electric/auto seatbelts. Caught my head/neck numerous times when reaching into the car thru the window while running ( setting BISS for example ).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Funny and true

Last edited:

InitialdVR4

Quoting ktmrider:

haha i can picture that happening.

mitsuturbo

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the seatbelts are controlled by the ETACS unit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned