The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Are these genuine EVO III 16G housings.

dmj

Sorry Paul they are not, These are made in Japan though and are better than most Chinese copies you find on ebay

JDM_DSM

I think all the clues as to whether a turbo is genuine MHI or not are found on the compressor housing, so it might be impossible to tell just from the pictures on those auctions.

jepherz

Staff member
Those look like decent pieces, but if they were OEM Mitsu, they would have the lip for the fire ring.

Brunoboy

Cast ported housings

curtis

In the auction has

Inconel (35% Ni Alloy)

As long as it has a high nickel content they maybe ok. Cheap enough for a new casting but after looking at the feedback 14 in one year and sounds like they fling junk and bait and switch............... Beware.

Brunoboy

kinugawa is coming up though, ive seen lots of products being sold by them.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting dmj:
Sorry Paul they are not, These are made in Japan though and are better than most Chinese copies you find on ebay

I would not assume from the limited information given that those are "made" in Japan. The address given at the bottom is not a Japanese-style address. Maybe they are, but I don't think that auction provides proof-positive of that.

Jason G.

I don't think many of the 7cm copies have the the nickel content in them, but I think these housing are ok to use if the price is right. You would be better off finding someone with a blown ebay turbo and just use the housing. I found one a while back for 40 bucks.

A guy on tuners is getting his own made up and is selling them for 100 bucks I think. These don't have the nickel in them either though.

Last edited:

HHIVR4

I have one of those to replace my mhi one.There are a few differences.
1. The bead where the v band clamps the housing to the turbo has a square edge and the vband will NOT work until you grind it to an angle.The vband clamp cant expand enough to get over it without changing the bolt to a longer one.I ground the edge to an angle with a dremel.2 The wastegate area has a big lip in it and looks like a huge hindrance to air flow.I ground the whole lip out so there was a smooth path into the O2 housing.Its not a real big deal and you can easily gasket match it.3 There is no path on the inside like the mhi housing to route air towards the wastegate .There is just a hole in the side with the flapper on the other side.I havent run this yet since my car is jsb so I cant tell you if it affects boost control.4 The stud for the wastegate arm to mount is bigger than the mhi.so you have to drill out the hole on the actuator arm.I could take some pics if you want to visualize what I said its kind of hard to picture unless you have one to look at.

beaner

Quoting Jason G.:
A guy on tuners is getting his own made up and is selling them

link?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned