The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone with AGX's

Brunoboy

Hi, I have adjustable AGX's on the rear with HnR springs, and Gr2's in the front with Hnr springs, well my tires are now rubbing because I am pretty sure the fronts are gone, and I just ordered two Adjustable agx's for the front so I can stiffen it. Can anyone tell me what they set theres too for a good solid ride but also good for racing too? I have it set at 6/8 in the back. so yha.
-shane

BoostedAWD91

i believe mine are set a 5 in the rear and 2 in the front. Even when u set them to the softest setting ur not gonna get a "nice" comfortable ride, its still gonna be stiff

Especially if you have the car lowered. The decrease in stroke makes then even stiffer.

That's the price you pay for 1.6 60 ft on street tires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
For street use I could not tolerate any more than setting 2 or 3 in the rear. Now I have stiffer springs on them with coilover setup, but have not used them enough to judge yet.

mooserage

Staff member
^agreed, for comfort/long trips I run 1/4 front and 2/8 in the rear and even with my 195/60/15 tires it can be very rough if the road has even small imperfections.

Brunoboy

My tires are 215/45/17 and I rub in the front because the shocks are stiff enough/blown. So I just wanted to see what people are running so that I dont get that rub anymore. Ride comfort isn't really that important lol

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
It is not just ride comfort. If your vehicle is porpoising over every undulation in the road, it will not be handling all that well either. If/when I use my car for track days, I will turn them stiffer.

Brunoboy

so for everyday cruising, what should I set them too?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Whatever suits your needs and local road conditions. Start in the middle and try it out.

Brunoboy

so I am assuming the fronts will be 4 way and since my rears are 8 way, set the front to 2 and the rear to 4?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Now, would that be the middle 'boy? You didn't do your math in school.

Just kidding, sounds like a starting point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned