The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone running Evo ecu and SAS equipment

dime2nr

I'm looking to actually try to get all this equipment running for mild antilag on my G. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with this in a non evo car.

Last edited:

r4pt0x

I'm running a Evo7/8 ECU on my Galant. No SAS (yet), but the Evo ECUs have some neat tricks to increse spool-up. I have positive pressure from 1800rpm and >1bar at 3000rpm with my evo 3 16G.
response after shifting/cornering is absolutely no issue. If above 4000rpm there is nearly no lag at all, so i never felt like needing SAS hardware...

For mild anti-lag with some pops and bangs it's enough to keep the throttle slightly opened (adjusting the idle switch to its max position is sufficient), check at what load cells it will run when off-throttle and give it some fuel and negative ignition timing.
this will also give a nice single "pop" when shifting up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

only drawbacks: idle will be @ ~2000-2500 rpm and every routine depending on idle condition won't work anymore

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned