The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO 4-6 ECU in a GVR-4

cobrajetguy

Does anyone know if an EVO 4-6 ECU could be made to work in a GVR-4? I would assume it would be similar to making an EVO 8 ECU work but maybe a little easier? Before I get flamed, I am contemplating doing this because I can get a smoking deal on a high end standalone for an EVO 4-6.

Peter

3rdstrikedsm

What brand of standalone? Autronic? If yes then it has been done many times in the past.

cobrajetguy

Yes it is an Autronic, any idea where a how to or info on what needs to be modified would be? Thanks,

Peter

Scientist

Look up evo 8 wiring to 1G ecu. DSM Tuners and Evo M has a few threads on it. Then download this file click which highlights the pin differences

cobrajetguy

I did see that how to I just wasn't sure if there were and major differences between the 7-8 and 4-6 to make things either easier or harder.

Peter

3rdstrikedsm

My friend Adam has done it many times and I remember him saying it was easy to do but honestly that has been years ago so I will try to remember to ask him when I talk to him next.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned