The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone know??

Hi guy ok I think I found the guy that had My Galant before I did. His name is Bruce and he is in Waltham MA. Anyone know him just looking for some info on the car. Injectors, Pump and what tranny is in the car?? Thank you guys.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have an entry of Bruce Kwartler owning it back in 2005. May have been other places since.

Please send me the VIN as I have it as unverified.

Muskrat

I met Bruce once, he was a nice guy and knows his stuff.

He also owned the Buschur RWD Talon for a while.

Is this the Grey one he had?

Hey Brian, No the Galant is green with a black hood cause the origonal hood opened and smashed the windsheild and roof.

NateCrisman

Ah, the poster car for Threespeed.

Muskrat

He blew up the flywheel, there are pictures somewhere.

Threespeed makes a scatter shield to protect against flywheel debris when this happens.

Edit: here's the post where he describes what happened. Links to the pictures are dead, unfortunately.

Bruce Kwartler's Flywheel Explosion

Last edited:

That was my car after it blew up at the track.

I'll leave my personal experiences out of it tho...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yes, Bruce has apparently owned/fixed/sold many GVR4s over the years. Mac's is not Mighty Mouse as 638 mentions.

Please guys any info will be helpful on this car. I'm looking at some very pricey repairs, Tranny, wheel bearings and some other things and not sure if even want to go that route and may look to give it back.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you're not ready to make repairs on a GVR4, then maybe it's not the car for you.

Not ot blow that statement out of the water. But when you buy a car for 3500 and are told there is nothing wrong with it nad after 11 days, It needs a tranny, Possiable T case,Cluth and flywheel, Rear wheel berings, rear diff seal, Tie rods just starts to add up. IF it was small things like Valve cover gasket,plugs wire, and oh fornt timing cover gasket no worries, Oh BTW it needs those things also. For get about the car was smashed into a wall at 100 MHP.

turbowop

Did you not check the car over before you bought it?

I don't care how much you paid. The car is almost two decades old. Repairs and maintenance come with the territory and you need to be especially wary when purchasing a used car of this vintage. Everybody has a different definition of "nothing wrong with it".

I'm not going to get into why I did not have it check but I thought I had a good reason and maybe it was not. I know the car is old and vintage but this is not the first vintage car I have bought,I Just usually know all this issues from the seller before I buy it. It's not a good felling to have all this hit you at once.

Quoting turbowop:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you're not ready to make repairs on a GVR4, then maybe it's not the car for you.

I just got off the phone w/ Mac. Nice guy. Owned a 375 hp Evo before this.

It seems we have had similar problems with sellers in that area.

It's not your fault when you are promised one thing, and the opposite happens.

Cut him some slack eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey 638, Thanx man. Enjoyd the conversation. I think I'm going to explore that other tranny option. Thanx again.. Did you have to bring up my 375whp EVO.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif JK,

Last edited by a moderator:

1990ggsxnj

I would be crying too if I had to let one go...*pats back* you're VR4 can be faster though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned