The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Parts from a 99 GSX

matt92vr4

Hi everyone, I found a 99GSX with manual tranny and 6 bolt motor. I'm thinking about buying it to use the 6 bolt in the galant. What else can I use off of it? Can I use the 4 bolt rear end? How about the 5 lug hubs? Is the tranny and xcase the same? Thank you. Matt

EMX5636

The 6-bolt you can use but you will probably have to un-do the mods for a 6-bolt in a 2G. Rear end is totally different, so no. Trans will physically bolt up, but the cases are different because the front and rear mounts attach to the trans instead of engine. If you use that trans though, you need to use that T-case, as the final drive ratios are different 97-up and must me matched together. 5 lug hubs are a no-go as well. Just buy a 1G AWD for the parts.

LIV4PSI

The 99 black interior is worth some money to the 2g guys

tombaman

The interiors do go for a decent amount. I sold the one out of my spyder for about 500. Lots of parts that you could sell and make money for the vr4. Just depends on the price you get the gsx for.

matt92vr4

Thanks for the info. Since I cannot use the rear end or 5-lugs from the '99, I'm going to pass.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned