The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone have an aftermarket alarm with remote start?installed by themselves?

gtluke

Let me tell you how I spent my last Friday night, in the parking lot of the mexican place I ate at, at 11pm trying to unwire the viper alarm in my miata because it decided to not respond to the remote any longer. (wasn't the battery, had spares)
Let me tell you how fun it is to try and get under the dash of a miata, after eating mexican, with the alarm blaring.

As a mechanic I must have unwired like 30 alarms and remote starts because they failed, and subsequently broke the car.

Brunoboy

all good, my homie came over, i went to get pizza, i came back, and it worked flawlessly lol.

Brunoboy

oh yea guys, i never disconnected the clutch switch because when I first installed my keydiver chip, I was walked through on how to add my stutterbox/NLTS by splicing a wire which let me keep the plug in but able to start my car without the clutch being depressed.

The scytek rs5000 also had a turbo timer function, which only worked with the ebrake up. That way when you shut the car off, you have to put it in neutral with the ebrake up to run the turbo timer. If you shut it down and didn't want the tt on, you just dropped the ebrake handle and reset it. Even with all that, the on time I mentioned, we had shut the car down and coasted into the driveway so as not to let his wife know how late we got in.
Glad you got it all figured out.

Brunoboy

for some reason my remote start works some of the time, now its not even working, the remote says it is cranking, everything turns on but it doesnt crank. starter is bad?
-shane

Brunoboy

it was working all the time, though at first. im just going to bring it in and see what my homie says. but this also happened without the alarm as well. before i had trouble starting the car. if i put the key in sometimes it wouldnt even crank, then i would try again and it would work.
-Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned