The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anybody else getting ready for the 2010 track season?

brisvr4

Quoting NateCrisman:
10's on the 50trim is totally doable. I got an 11.0 @ 126 out of it with a weak launch (I let off the throttle right after dropping the clutch). 3050lb total weight. Hoosier QTP drag tires (was a 1.58 60' time). about 28psi of boost. Otherwise, a pretty 'standard" modified car. The good old 50trim is just an awesome turbo IMHO even if the GT30 series might be a little better.

I think I am going to have to swap over to a T3 .63 exhaust housing though as I am currently running the bolt-on housing and I'm only seeing about 123mph. Do you think the T3 will help it out a lot or not Nate?

Quoting NateCrisman:
I guess I just don't get that mind set. For me, If I can't go to the track often and see the improvements that all the money, time, and tinkering then Id go nuts. That is the fun for me: going to the track, executing my plan, and seeing the results. If I didn't go to the track constantly, Id just as well drive a honda civic around all the time and not bother with a modified car at all.

Cars are like artwork to me too. Just because I don't get to measure the improvements I have made to my car in elapsed time from point A to point B doesnt mean I should just drive a Civic. I like owning a piece of history. I like owning goofy cars. I like the ability to go fast if I want to.

NateCrisman

I didn't say YOU should drive a civic, I said I would just as well drive a civic. To ME cars are more like a science experiment than art work, my goal is to play with it and see the results. Just owning it and looking at it sit in my garage and driving it 55mph down the highway is unfulfilling. If I don't get to see the end result of the work: Getting a timeslip, seeing the results of the tuning and driving, and using all the performance I could build...running the car to 130mph: that's what it's all about for me. I don't look at cars as collectors items, artwork, or the like.....it's just a machine to me. A machine that I can improve and tinker with.

Obviously you guys are different than me. I can't sit on a new mod for more than a couple weeks before I go insane. Im not kidding, if I had Brian's car that ran 11.1 @ 131 and had a set of tires that would enable a 10.3 sitting in my garage, I would have sold my soul to get to the track for that 10.3 4 years ago. To me, it would be the same thing as keeping a manual boost controller in your sock drawer for 4 years while modifying the car with a GT35R, built motor, and all the other stuff and running it at 12psi wastegate pressure for years....saving the boost controller for "someday".

We are just different in the way we appriciate and enjoy the car. I enjoy the process and results of modifying & race driving. You guys appriciate the owning, collecting, and everyday driving. To each his own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Back on topic:
Im pumped for Island Dragway to open the first week of March. Im planning to take the GVR4 to see how the de-modded setup does on pumpgas & street tires. I only ran the car on street tires one weekend last season and spun my way to an 11.9 @ 119. If I can improve the time with less modifications and $ invested I'll be very happy.

But Im mostly excited to get working on my 1G AWD, which should be a giant ball of fun trying to go 10.5 on a 14b turbo then hit 9's on a 16G. That is going to be one hell of a science experiment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Buschur made an "unlimited small turbo" class at the Ohio Shootout to replace "Stock Appearing" with the only rule being it has to be a 16g/14b style turbo and no nitrous. I want to win that class, so plan is for a 2300lb AWD 1G on drag slicks powered by an E3-16G running 100% methanol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Big change from stock appearing rules.

Not sure what classes are going to be available for the NJ Showdown at Englishtown in the fall, so I'll likely be stuck trying to either change my 1g around to fit into a streetcar class, or somehow qualify for Quick class with a half size turbo. haha I took the GVR4 last year and qualified for the street class, but to win, you had to beat 4 low 10 second cars.

Last edited:

I really want to go to the buschur shootout. Sounds like it would be a blast. But between work and the family not sure if I'm going to be able to make it.

onesickcrx

I look forward to racing/driveing my car this year period

I am not to sure what it will run... I guess we will find out a Buschur's shoot out this year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif If i break into the 12's id be happy at this point my cars been down for so long it hurts to look at it I feel bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DR1665

I'm getting stoked for the year's motorsport, but I think I'm the only one in here not looking for drag racing. :p

- Front end is getting reinforced.
- SRT4 FMIC is getting installed and plumbed.
- Filling stock motor mounts with window weld
- Converting the car to speed density with Jackal (DSMap) and never looking back.
- Fuel pump reqire
- MBC to 15-17lbs
- Re-thinking my skidplate from truck bedliner to 1/4" aluminum
- Flock the dash
- Mudflaps
- Window tint (most of my racing is out in the desert during the day)
- Wire up the pencils and fogs (*most* of my racing)
- Livery package

Hoping to drive it to Mitsubishi HQ in April, do a rallyx that weekend, make it back out to MMC for MOD, and then drive it all the way from Phoenix to Norwalk for the DSM Shootout. In between, I plan on a mix of abusive shenanigans out in the desert to find all the weak spots in the chassis and a couple trips to kcpaz's shop for sections of roll cage to be installed.

RedTwo

2010 season? I think that starts in 8 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
Only 2 or 3 rounds left here before the "winter" comes.

number3

Should I run a sale on scatter shields for all you guys on here shooting for sub 12s?

www.three-speed.com

JSchleim18

Trying to get 1157 up and running for some straight line action just to see if I can hit the 11's. Then from there, I'll focus in road racing it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned