The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anybody else getting ready for the 2010 track season?

I'm looking to run 11s. Just got my tranny and transfer case and my clutch. Should be installing these parts this weekend. I got a bunch of other stuff coming in like injectors,coilovers, slotted and drilled rotors, 3 bolt LSD rearend,1g n/t tb,2g mas and wheels and tires i hope to have this stuff installed in the next few weeks and then get it tuned on e85 and hopefully run 11s. So needless to say I'm getting real excited about the upcoming track season. Just wanted to see if anybody is getting ready and what there goals were.

Last edited by a moderator:

NateCrisman

I'm In process of putting #139 back together again with a differnt longblock. (prev longblock had a cracked trans mount ear and blown HG). Tonight I'm painting the shortblock, saturday assembling the motor and timing belt. Sunday I'll see about maybe getting it bolted into the car. I'd like to seeit running next week. Only thing I'm missing is an aluminum flywheel, so I'll just put in a stocker. Oh well.

Most of the mods are the same as last season (50trim t3t4, fmic, exhaust, clutch, computer setup are all same). It's goin together somewhat de-modified this time with stock cams, head, intake manifold, and flywheel. New stuff is just different injectors and deleting the oil cooler. Nitrous kit is moved to my 1g dragcar. I'm figuring it should still be good for 11's on 93 pumpgas on 17" street tires even with the stock top end.

Last year it was a bit out of control without a rollbar, so this year it's pumpgas & street tires to stay above 11.50 ET. Boring! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

NateCrisman

Steverussel: Any specific reason your swapping to a 3bolt Dsm rear? The 4bolt 92-94 rear is much stronger in the axles, and an 11sec gvr4 is going to snap 3bolt drivers axles like twigs. 4bolt rears are only $200 or so, it should be at top of your list.

The only reason is for the lsd. I didn't know the axles where weak. That sucks!!

PolskiVR4

Most four bolts are LSD also if not all of them are. DOnt even bother with the three bolt.

bazeng

I'm hoping to take my vr4 out and run any time!

Also looking to take the AMG out for some fun also.

Hopefully both below 12's!

Thanks for the info guys. I'll be looking to buy a 4 bolt soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Going for 11's here this year! waiting on clutch and fuel lines and im good to go...

brisvr4

Looking for a 10 this year with the 50trim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Might have to perform some 'personal' weight loss though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

NateCrisman

10's on the 50trim is totally doable. I got an 11.0 @ 126 out of it with a weak launch (I let off the throttle right after dropping the clutch). 3050lb total weight. Hoosier QTP drag tires (was a 1.58 60' time). about 28psi of boost. Otherwise, a pretty 'standard" modified car. The good old 50trim is just an awesome turbo IMHO even if the GT30 series might be a little better.

Brianawd

Maybe I will toss on the QTP once this your or maybe not. Really getting to the point I don't give a sh*t about the car any more. Really all I want to do is Snow ski year around.

NateCrisman

Quoting Brianawd:
Maybe I will toss on the QTP once this your or maybe not. Really getting to the point I don't give a sh*t about the car any more. Really all I want to do is Snow ski year around.

I can't believe you have had those tires at your disposal the whole time and haven't busted them out yet. You must be the most patient man alive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Six years ago I would have been stoked for the upcoming track openings. I just don't care anymore. I would rather just go to a car meet and eat some burgers while talking shop with other car guys. Probably just me getting old, but it's also cheaper and easier than replacing drivetrain parts and other race-related maintanence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
I can't believe you have had those tires at your disposal the whole time and haven't busted them out yet. You must be the most patient man alive!

Here you can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif some more when I tell you I have had them now for 3 going on 4 years and still have not used them

I am hoping to get # 14 back up and running . Goals were to get it into the 9's. I honestly thought i would be done by april/may now i am praying to be ready for the Buschur Shootout. I have grown very frustrated since i have spent most of the winter waiting on parts. I made the mistake of thinking with the poor economy that vendors would get me my parts on time but i was proven wrong. So at least it gave me time to completely disassemble the car and clean everything up i even black hammer toned the underside and had all the suspension powder coated. So far my parts collection consists of : 2.3 stroker, Groden aluminum rods,knife edged eagle crank,Custom Arias 10:1 pistons,ACL bearings,CNC ported head over sized valves,Kiggly bee hives,Magnus Race manifold, Kelford 280 cams, ID 2000 injectors,Boomba 75mm t body, Precision Turbo Billet 6765 .82 hotside T3 , and a brand new 2G trans and tcase going to shep this week . I was lucky the car already had the 4 bolt. I am going to order the drive shaft shop axles and hopefully get an aluminum drive shaft . Wanted to do the 3000gt rear but it was too much $$$ ( axles 3K+) . Car has been lightened and have a chromoly 6 point in it with a full interior (well looks stock kinda) Hoping to be around 2700 lbs and 850 whp(45psi, E85 or import) and possibly some nitrous. But the way things have gone so far these maybe my goals for next year : (

EMX5636

I'll see if I can finally get to the track with it. I'm going to do a couple dyno sessions once it warms up... Hoping to break into the 10's on street tires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Quoting turbowop:
Six years ago I would have been stoked for the upcoming track openings. I just don't care anymore. I would rather just go to a car meet and eat some burgers while talking shop with other car guys. Probably just me getting old, but it's also cheaper and easier than replacing drivetrain parts and other race-related maintanence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hs.gif

Not worrying about breaking stuff at the track and spending all the money involved with it is nice. I might go to a dragstrip for fun every blue moon but nothing competitive that way probably. Autox to me is less risk, less stress and more fun for me and a girlfriend or other people hanging out. That being said, I only do time only now and its strictly for fun. I'm a big vag I guess.

NateCrisman

I guess I just don't get that mind set. For me, If I can't go to the track often and see the improvements that all the money, time, and tinkering then Id go nuts. That is the fun for me: going to the track, executing my plan, and seeing the results. If I didn't go to the track constantly, Id just as well drive a honda civic around all the time and not bother with a modified car at all.

Case in point: #139 has sat around untouched since november. I haven't driven it since the last day at the track, and until the holidays were over I had no interest in working on it. I can sense my interest in it waning already for this year since my focus will be on the 1g dsm instead for going to the track. Tracks in NJ are lucky to open in march, most likely in April so I'v got plenty of time to let it JSB (lift balling actually) before I want to have it running.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned